NetBackup™ Web UI Microsoft SQL Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- About NetBackup for SQL Server
- Installation and host configuration
- Monitoring and notifications
- Managing SQL Server discovery and credentials
- About discovery of SQL Server objects
- Managing protection plans for SQL Server
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server assets
- Protecting SQL Server
- Restoring SQL Server
- Using instant access with SQL Server
- Prerequisites when you configure an instant access SQL Server database
- Protecting SQL Server with VMware backups
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server data with a VMware backup
Prerequisites when you configure an instant access SQL Server database
The prerequisites are only applicable to Microsoft SQL Server instant access Build Your Own (BYO).
The BYO server operating system version must be same as the latest appliance operating system version that is RHEL 7.6 and RHEL 7.7.
- Ensure that the Samba service is installed and the Samba share permission is allowed in the selinux policy using the following command
setsebool -P samba_export_all_rw=1
The storage server with NGINX installed.
The NGINX version must be same as the one in the corresponding official RHEL version release. You need to install it from the corresponding RHEL yum source (epel).
Before you start the storage configuration, ensure that the new BYO nginx configuration entry:
/etc/nginx/conf.d/byo.confwill be included as part of the HTTP section of the original:
Ensure that the
policycoreutils-pythonpackages are installed from the same RHEL yum source (rhel server). Then run the following commands:
semanage port -a -t http_port_t -p tcp 10087
setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1
Ensure that the
/mntfolder on the storage server is not mounted by any mount points directly. User mount points should be mounted to its subfolders.
Enable the logrotate permission in selinux using the following command:
semanage permissive -a logrotate_t
Instant access is only supported for SQL Server backup images when the following conditions are met:
Snapshots are enabled in the policy or the protection plan.
The backup is a full database backup.
The master server, media server, storage server, and client must be at version 8.3 or later.
The storage server must be an appliance or BYO that meets the earlier specified prerequisites.
Instant access for incremental and transaction log backups depends on the instant access capability of its base backup image.