NetBackup™ Web UI Microsoft SQL Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- About NetBackup for SQL Server
- Installation and host configuration
- Monitoring and notifications
- Managing SQL Server discovery and credentials
- About discovery of SQL Server objects
- Managing protection plans for SQL Server
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server assets
- Protecting SQL Server
- Restoring SQL Server
- Using instant access with SQL Server
- Prerequisites when you configure an instant access SQL Server database
- Protecting SQL Server with VMware backups
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server data with a VMware backup
Protect SQL Server data with a VMware backup
Use the following procedure to subscribe a VM that contains SQL Server data to a protection plan. When you subscribe an asset to a protection plan, you assign predefined backup settings to the asset.
The RBAC role that is assigned to you must give you access to the assets that you want to manage and to the protection plans that you want to use.
To protect SQL Server data with a VMware backup
- On the left, click VMware.
- On the Virtual machines tab or Intelligent VM groups tab, click the box for the VM or the VM group and click Add protection.
- Select a protection plan and click Next.
- If you have the necessary role permissions you can adjust one or more of the following settings:
Schedules and retention
Change when backups occur and the backup start window.
Adjust the server or host to use for backups, snapshot options, and exclude options.
Change or enable any advanced options for the protection plan.
See Backup options and Advanced options.
The plan must allow for restores of SQL Server databases from a VMware image. Microsoft SQL Server must be enabled under Allow restore of application data from virtual machine backups. If you also want the backup to truncate logs, select Truncate logs.
- Click Protect.
The results of your choices appear under Virtual machines or Intelligent VM groups.