Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
NetBackup™ Web UI Microsoft SQL Server Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-01-05
Product(s): NetBackup (22.214.171.124, 9.0)
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- About NetBackup for SQL Server
- Installation and host configuration
- Monitoring and notifications
- Managing SQL Server discovery and credentials
- About discovery of SQL Server objects
- Managing protection plans for SQL Server
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server assets
- Protecting SQL Server
- Restoring SQL Server
- Using instant access with SQL Server
- Prerequisites when you configure an instant access SQL Server database
- Protecting SQL Server with VMware backups
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server data with a VMware backup
About protecting an application database with VMware backups
With a VMware backup policy and the Veritas VSS provider, NetBackup can create consistent, full backups of an application database that resides on a virtual machine.
VMware application backups let you:
Use the existing database restore process to restore and recover data from VMware backups.
Restore and recover databases from VMware backups to alternate clients. The target destination client can be a physical computer or a virtual machine.
Supported environments and configuration
See the following information on virtual systems compatibility:
Veritas VSS provider