NetBackup™ Web UI Microsoft SQL Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- About NetBackup for SQL Server
- Installation and host configuration
- Monitoring and notifications
- Managing SQL Server discovery and credentials
- About discovery of SQL Server objects
- Managing protection plans for SQL Server
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server assets
- Protecting SQL Server
- Restoring SQL Server
- Using instant access with SQL Server
- Prerequisites when you configure an instant access SQL Server database
- Protecting SQL Server with VMware backups
- Create a protection plan to protect SQL Server data with a VMware backup
Requirements for restores of SQL Server
To restore to a different server (host), the following requirements and conditions exist:
NetBackup must have the ability to communicate with the destination client.
NetBackup services are correctly configured.
The user account that is specified during the restore must be a member of the Windows administrator group and a member of the local SQL Server sysadmin role.
Your user account is assigned to the RBAC roleor another role with the same restore permissions for SQL Server.
See Default RBAC roles and RBAC permissions in the NetBackup Web UI Administrator's Guide. Or, contact your NetBackup administrator for assistance.
The security administrator has configured the necessary mappings for the hosts in.
Refer to the information on configuring host mappings in the NetBackup Web UI Administrator's Guide. Or, contact your NetBackup administrator for assistance.