Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
About the Self-Service Portal node
The Self-Service portal provides an interface for custodians of data to take remedial actions on the data classified by Symantec Data Loss Prevention. It also lets custodians confirm ownership to folders that they own, and review entitlements to those folders and classify sensitive files for retention based on their business value. Custodians take these actions based on workflows setup by the Data Insight administrator guided by specific business requirements of the organization.
The Portal node is attached to the Management Server and runs the DataInsightWorkflow and DataInsightPortal services. The portal interface, which is separate from the main Data Insight console, can be customized and branded as per customer's requirements.
The Self-Service Portal requires an Add-on license separate from Symantec Data Loss Prevention and Data Insight license. The Portal is available beginning Data Insight version 4.5. You can use the portal for remediating incidents pulled from Data Loss Prevention 12.5 or later.
For information about configuring and using the Self-Service Portal, see the Self-Service Portal Quick Reference Guide.