Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
About WSFC clusters
Note the following points before you use NetBackup as a failover server in an WSFC environment:
If there are no tape devices configured on the controlling node of the NetBackup failover server, the NetBackup Device Manager service resource takes itself offline. If you do not intend to configure tape devices for the NetBackup failover server, you may want to delete the NetBackup Device Manager service resource from the NetBackup group. This way you can avoid seeing the group in a warning state or failed state.
For WSFC clusters with three or more nodes, the WSFC Move Group command lists all of the nodes in the cluster. You must pick a node that is valid for the NetBackup failover server to use. (WSFC displays all nodes in the cluster, even those nodes where NetBackup has not been installed.)
Also refer to the information in the previous sections for further notes that are relevant to all cluster environments.