Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Installing a NetBackup failover server on VCS on Windows
This section describes how to install and configure a new NetBackup Enterprise Server as a failover application in a VCS for Windows cluster. If you want to upgrade NetBackup, rather than complete an initial installation, you must follow a different procedure.
Review the following notes before you begin installation:
You must install the same type of NetBackup server on each node to which NetBackup may failover. You cannot have a separate failover master server and a separate failover media server in your NetBackup configuration.
The virtual name cannot be more than 15 characters.
The installation program does the following:
Installs NetBackup on the active node.
Pushes the install to each inactive node, including the single license key you provided for the master server.
Brings the NetBackup resources online.
The following procedure describes how to install a NetBackup failover server in a VCS cluster.
- Install NetBackup on all nodes of the cluster. This installation can be done in the following ways:
Install on the cluster node (with shared disk online) and push install to all other nodes in the cluster.
Install on the cluster node (with shared disk online). After the first node installation, manually install on all other nodes in the cluster.
Follow the instructions for how to install NetBackup in a clustered environment as described in the NetBackup Installation Guide.
- Post installation, get security certificates on all the nodes within the cluster.
For more information on getting a certificate in a clustered NetBackup setup, see the NetBackup Security and Encryption Guide.
- When you are prompted to provide the list of servers, enter all servers that must have access to the NetBackup failover server.
- If you added license keys at the end of the installation, fail over and add these keys to each node in the cluster.
- Install options that require separate installations.
Most options only require a special license key and do not require a separate installation. See the appropriate NetBackup documentation for the specific option for more information.
- After the installation is complete, continue with the configuration of NetBackup.Configuring a NetBackup server on VCS on Windows