Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
About NetBackup agent for VCS on Windows
The NetBackup agent for VCS monitors specific NetBackup resources, determines the status of these resources, and starts or stops NetBackup according to external events. The agent includes VCS type declarations and agent executables. The NetBackup resource type represents the agent. When the agent detects an application failure, the NetBackup service group is failed over to another system in the cluster. NetBackup is installed and configured on this stem.
The following table describes the specific agent operations.
Brings the NetBackup services online.
Takes the NetBackup services offline.
Verifies the status of NetBackup services. Detailed monitoring is also available.
Stops all NetBackup daemons if there is a detection of an unexpected offline operation or an ineffective online operation.
Additional monitoring capabilities are available for add-on products.
NetBackup supports the use of the Global Cluster Option (GCO) with VCS. For information on how to configure and use GCO with NetBackup, refer to the NetBackup in Highly Available Environments Administrator's Guide.