Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2018-09-19
Product(s): NetBackup (8.2, 8.1.2)
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Installing or upgrading NetBackup options on VCS on UNIX/Linux
Before you upgrade any options, ensure that the NetBackup resource is online in the cluster. Also ensure that server processes are running on the active node.
To install or upgrade a NetBackup option on VCS on UNIX/Linux
- Enable the VCS configuration in read and write mode with haconf -makerw
- Freeze the NetBackup group with hagrp -freeze nbu_group_name -persistent.
- Run the following command on the active node to disable the NetBackup agent monitor:
- Install the options on each inactive node in the cluster where NetBackup is installed. See the specific NetBackup documentation for each option for instructions on installation and configuration.
- On the active node, perform the same installation.
- Unfreeze the NetBackup group with hagrp -unfreeze nbu_group _name -persistent
- Enable the VCS configuration in read-only mode with haconf -dump -makero
- Run the following command on the active node to enable the NetBackup agent monitor:
rm -f /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cluster/frozen