Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Recovering all shared disks
The following procedure describes how to recover the shared disks in WSFC cluster.
To recover all shared disks
- Uninstall the cluster software from both nodes.
- Replace and repartition the shared disks.
- Reinstall the cluster software.
- Ensure that all NetBackup shared disks are assigned the same drive letters that were used when NetBackup was originally installed and configured.
To reconfigure NetBackup for the cluster, do the following on the active node:
Run the following command:
Recreate the database.
Run the following commands:
tpext bpclusterutil -online
- Use the appropriate NetBackup catalog recovery procedure to restore the NetBackup catalog information on the shared disk before continuing. See the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide for more information on recovering the NetBackup catalog database.
- Use NetBackup to restore any data on the shared disks. For details on how to perform a restore, see the NetBackup, Archive, and Restore Getting Started Guide.