Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Installing NetBackup on Solaris Cluster
This topic describes how to install a new NetBackup Enterprise Server as a failover application in a Solaris Cluster . If you want to upgrade NetBackup, rather than complete an initial installation, you must follow a different procedure.
Review the following notes before you begin installation:
The NetBackup resource group name in a Solaris Cluster is always scnb-harg. The user cannot configure this name.
Two Solaris Cluster resource files are installed with NetBackup and should not be edited:
Cluster configuration is performed along with the installation process. Do not run the cluster_config script to perform cluster configuration.
The following procedure describes how to install and configure a NetBackup failover server in a Solaris Cluster .
Additional commands are required to properly freeze and unfreeze NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster , due to Sun bug #5017826. When NetBackup is started under pmf with automatic restarts enabled, pmf intervenes if the tag dies. This intervention happens whether the monitor is enabled or not.
If the shared disk is a raw disk with Global File System (GFS) and the primary (active) node is turned off , the shared disk is not accessible from any of the remaining nodes. As a result, the NetBackup server fails to come online on any other node.
To install NetBackup on Solaris Cluster
- Fill out the checklist for all configurations and the checklist for your specific environment.
- Follow the instructions for how to install NetBackup in the NetBackup Installation Guide.
Be sure that you:
Install NetBackup on each node to which it can failover.
Use the virtual name for the NetBackup server name.
When you are prompted, you must provide the same virtual cluster name that you provided during the installation. This name is case-sensitive and must be in same format (FQDN/short) on all the nodes.
- When NetBackup is installed on the clustered setup a confirmation prompt is displayed.
When you install NetBackup on the first node, you are prompted to confirm creation of a NetBackup cluster. Type Yes to set up NetBackup in HA mode.
When you install NetBackup on the subsequent nodes, information of already created NetBackup cluster group is displayed. You are prompted to join the group.
- When you are prompted for cluster-specific configuration details, refer to the checklist and provide details accordingly.
- Allow NetBackup to be installed in a cluster. When a NetBackup failover server is installed:
On the first node, a single node cluster resource group for NetBackup is created and brought online.
On the other nodes, the installed node is added to the cluster resource group.
- Post installation, get security certificates on all the nodes within the cluster.
For more information on getting a certificate in a clustered NetBackup setup, see the NetBackup Security and Encryption Guide.
- Install any NetBackup options.
You must freeze the NetBackup group before you install any NetBackup options.
- Continue with the configuration of NetBackup.