Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Validating VMware virtualization server certificates in NetBackup
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
About NetBackup for vCloud Director
NetBackup can back up VMware vCloud Director environments and restore virtual machines into vCloud Director.
Table: Configuration for backup of vCloud Director virtual machines describes the configuration requirements for backup of vCloud Director.
Table: Configuration for backup of vCloud Director virtual machines
Description (NetBackup Administration Console)
Enter NetBackup credentials for the vCloud Director server and for its vCenter servers.
Media and Device Management > Credentials > Virtual Machine Servers.
Configure the policy Clients tab
Select the following:
With the Enable vCloud Director option, the policy selects only vCloud-managed virtual machines for backup: it skips the virtual machines that are not in vCloud.
NetBackup collects information on the vCloud environment, such as its organizations, virtual datacenters, and vApps. NetBackup also retrieves information about a vApp for later restore of the vApp and its virtual machines.
Enable vCloud Director integration makes several vCloud keywords available in the policy Query Builder Field, for rule-based selection of virtual machines. If Enable vCloud Director integration is not selected, NetBackup cannot use the keywords to locate virtual machines in vCloud Director and the backup fails.
The browsing icon (next to the Query Builder drop-down fields) may list non-vCloud objects. If you select an object that is not in vCloud Director, it is excluded from the backup.
See Configuring a VMware policy from the Policies utility.
The NetBackup for VMware restrictions also apply to vCloud Director objects. VMware restrictions also may apply; see your VMware documention.