Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2019-06-28
Product(s): NetBackup (8.2)
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Validating VMware virtualization server certificates in NetBackup
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
Configuring a VMware policy from the Policy Wizard
You can create a NetBackup for VMware policy by means of the Policy Configuration Wizard.
To create a backup policy by means of the Policy Configuration Wizard
- In the NetBackup Administration Console (on the NetBackup master server), click on the name of the master server.
- Click Create a Policy.
- Under Create a backup policy for, click VMware and Hyper-V, and click Next.
- Enter a name for the policy.
- Click VMware as the virtual machine type.
- Click Next, and follow the remaining panels in the wizard.
The wizard creates the policy according to your selections.