Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Validating VMware virtualization server certificates in NetBackup
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
ECA_CRL_PATH for NetBackup servers and clients
The ECA_CRL_PATH option specifies the path to the directory where the Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL) of the external certificate authority (CA) are located.
These CRLs are copied to NetBackup CRL cache. Revocation status of the external certificate is validated against the CRLs from the CRL cache.
CRLs in the CRL cache are periodically updated with the CRLs in the directory that is specified for ECA_CRL_PATH based on the ECA_CRL_PATH_SYNC_HOURS option.
If the ECA_CRL_CHECK option is not set to DISABLE (or 0) and the ECA_CRL_PATH option is not specified, NetBackup downloads the CRLs from the URLs that are specified in the CRL distribution point (CDP) and uses them to verify revocation status of the peer host's certificate.
For validating the revocation status of a virtualization server certificate, the VIRTUALIZATION_CRL_CHECK option is used.
Table: ECA_CRL_PATH information
Where to use
On NetBackup servers or clients.
If certificate validation is required for VMware or RHV servers, this option must be set on the NetBackup master server and respective access hosts, irrespective of the certificate authority that NetBackup uses for host communication (NetBackup CA or external CA).
How to use
Use the nbgetconfig and the nbsetconfig commands to view, add, or change the option.
Use the following format to specify a path to the CRL directory:
ECA_CRL_PATH = Path to the CRL directory
Equivalent Administration Console property
No equivalent exists in the NetBackup Administration Console host properties.