Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Validating VMware virtualization server certificates in NetBackup
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
VIRTUALIZATION_CRL_CHECK for NetBackup servers and clients
The VIRTUALIZATION_CRL_CHECK option lets you specify the revocation check level for external certificates of the virtualization server. Based on the check, revocation status of the virtualization server certificate is validated against the certificate revocation list (CRL) during host communication.
By default, the VIRTUALIZATION_CRL_CHECK option is disabled. If you want to validate the revocation status of the virtualization server certificate against certificate revocation list (CRL), set the option to a different value.
You can choose to use the CRLs from the directory that is specified for the ECA_CRL_PATH configuration option or the CRL distribution point (CDP).
Table: VIRTUALIZATION_CRL_CHECK information
Where to use
On NetBackup master server or all access hosts.
How to use
Use the nbgetconfig and the nbsetconfig commands to view, add, or change the option.
Use the following format:
VIRTUALIZATION_CRL_CHECK = CRL check
You can specify one of the following:
Equivalent Administration Console property
No equivalent exists in the NetBackup Administration Console host properties.