Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Validating VMware virtualization server certificates in NetBackup
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
Perform Recovery dialog box for vCloud Director
This topic applies to NetBackup for VMware. It describes how to restore a VMware virtual machine.
Review the settings to be applied to the restored virtual machine.
Lists your recovery selections, including the vCloud Director and vSphere settings.
Run Pre-Recovery Check
Verifies the credentials and appropriate paths and connectivity, determines whether the datastore or datastore cluster has available space, and reviews other important requirements. You must run this check at least once. You can proceed with the restore even if the check fails.
Table: Pre-recovery checks for vCloud Director describes the pre-recovery checks that are unique to vCloud Director. The standard vSphere pre-recovery checks are described in another topic:
Starts the recovery of the virtual machine
Table: Pre-recovery checks for vCloud Director
Type of check
vCloud server credential found
Validates the vCloud Director server credentials.
Verify login to vCloud Director server
Verifies that the NetBackup restore host can log on to the vCloud Director server.
Verify vCloud Organization
Validates the selected vCloud Director organization to restore to.
Verify vCloud ORGvDC
Validates the selected organization virtual datacenter to restore to in vCloud Director.
Verify template catalog
If the option to capture the vApp as a template is selected, validates the selected vCloud Director catalog to restore to.
Verify vApp powered off before capturing to template
If the options to restore into an existing vApp and the capture vApp as template are selected, verifies that the vApp is powered off.