Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Preparing the master server for an alternate restore
The examples in the following procedure assume that database SAMPLE was backed up by client2, and you want to restore SAMPLE to client1.
For more information on how to manage client restores, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
To prepare the NetBackup master server for alternate restores
- Log onto the NetBackup master server that hosts the policy that backed up database SAMPLE.
- Where dest_client_name is the name of a client that is allowed to be a destination client for alternate restores. For example, client1.
Create a dest_client_name file on the NetBackup master server.
- After creating a dest_client_name file, add the name of the NetBackup for DB2 source client to the dest_client_name file. For example, add the following line to this file:
For more information on managing a client restore, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.