Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- Using the NetBackup for DB2 recovery wizard
- Using DB2 to perform a restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
NetBackup server and client requirements
To use NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client, you must have a license for NetBackup Snapshot Client.
The NetBackup server software is installed and operational on the NetBackup server.
See the NetBackup Installation Guide.
Make sure that you configure any backup media that the storage unit uses. The number of media volumes that are required depends on several things:
The devices that are used and storage capacity of the media
The sizes of the databases that you want to back up
The amount of data that you want to archive
The size of your backups
The frequency of backups or archives
The length of retention of the backup images
The NetBackup client software is installed on the computer that has the databases you want to back up.
If the database is clustered, you must use the same version of NetBackup on each node in the cluster.
To use the new features that are included in NetBackup for DB2 in NetBackup 9.0.1, you must upgrade your NetBackup for DB2 clients to NetBackup 9.0.1. The NetBackup media server must use the same version as the NetBackup for DB2 client or a higher version than the client.