Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Reporting Guide
- Reporting in OpsCenter
- About OpsCenter reports
- About managing reports in OpsCenter
- About managing My Reports
- About managing My Dashboard
- About managing reports folders in OpsCenter
- About managing report schedules in OpsCenter
- About managing time schedules in OpsCenter
- OpsCenter reports
- Report Templates in OpsCenter
- About Report Templates descriptions
- About Audit reports
- About Backup reports in OpsCenter
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Duration Variance report
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Job Size Variance report
- Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Week At A Glance report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Job Attempt Status Detail report
- About Catalog reports in OpsCenter
- About Chargeback reports in OpsCenter
- About Client reports in OpsCenter
- Risk Analysis > Client Coverage report
- Virtual Client Summary report
- Job Success by Client report
- BMR client configuration backup failures report
- About Cloud reports
- About Disk and Tape Device Activity reports in OpsCenter
- About Media reports in OpsCenter
- About Performance reports in OpsCenter
- About Policy reports in OpsCenter
- About Restore reports in OpsCenter
- About Storage Lifecycle Policy reports
- Limitations of SLP reports
- About Workload Analyzer reports in OpsCenter
- Custom reports in OpsCenter Analytics
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
- About Custom Report Wizard parameters
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
Status & Success Rate > Success Rate > Success Rate - Line report
This report is a historical report that shows success rate across products, domains, clients, policies, and business level views. This report simply aggregates jobs according to success rate and shows these across a timeline. Filtering is available on all components and attributes. The primary use case of the report is verification of trends and the days that are exception to the norm. The report is highly effective for presenting long-term historical data on one of the most fundamental metrics of managing a backup operation.
Figure: Success Rate - Line report shows a sample view of the Success Rate Line report.
The following are details associated with the Success Rate Line report:
Success Rate Line report
Where to Locate
Report > Report Templates > Backup > Status & Success Rate > Status > Success Rate Line
This report shows job success rate density over time.
NetBackup, NetBackup Appliance, Backup Exec, NetBackup PureDisk
Master Server, Client
Drill down report
Can be scheduled
PDF, CSV, TSV, XML, HTML
Mapping with VBR report
Backups > Success Rate > Success Rate Line
The following table shows the filters for Success Rate Line report and how you can use these filters to view specific data in the report.
Select a view to show data for the selected view in the report. By default All My Views is selected.
Select one or more master servers to view data for the selected master servers in the report. All master servers that are added to the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value drop-down list .
Select one or more policy names to view data for the selected policies.
Select one or more job types like Archive, Backup, Restore etc. to view data for the selected job types.
Select one or more status codes to view data for the selected status codes.
Full Window Parameter
Full for Duration of (In Hours)
Increment Window Parameter
Increment for Duration of (In Hours)
Consider Partially Successful Job as Successful
Select Aggregation Level to consider the kind of jobs for the specified time frame. For example, if you select First Job Success Rate then the report shows only the first job for the combination of master server, client, policy, and schedule.
Select Full Days to specify the list of days to be considered for Full backups.
Select Full Window Parameter to specify the start time for the full backup window.
Select Metric Type to calculate the success rate based on clients or jobs.
Select Full for Duration of (In Hours) to calculate the end time for the incremental backup window. Backup window end time is equal to the duration from the start time of the backup window.
Select Increment Days to specify the list of days to be considered for Incremental backups.
Select Increment Window Parameter to specify the start time for the incremental backup window.
Select Increment for Duration of (In Hours) to calculate the end time for the incremental backup window. Backup window end time is equal to the duration from the start time of the backup window.
Select Count Partially Successful Job as Successful to count partially successful jobs as successful while calculating the Success Rate.
Example of filter usage: Run the Success Rate Line report for a specific job type like Restore to get an idea of the success rate for restore operations.
The following report enhancements have been made for the Success Rate Line report:
The unit Years has been added for Relative Timeframe selection.
You can now view data for the last x years.
The option Next has been removed from the drop-down menu for Relative Timeframe. You now cannot enter a relative timeframe like Next 2 weeks. This is because the report does not support any futuristic data.