Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Reporting Guide
- Reporting in OpsCenter
- About OpsCenter reports
- About managing reports in OpsCenter
- About managing My Reports
- About managing My Dashboard
- About managing reports folders in OpsCenter
- About managing report schedules in OpsCenter
- About managing time schedules in OpsCenter
- OpsCenter reports
- Report Templates in OpsCenter
- About Report Templates descriptions
- About Audit reports
- About Backup reports in OpsCenter
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Duration Variance report
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Job Size Variance report
- Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Week At A Glance report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Job Attempt Status Detail report
- About Catalog reports in OpsCenter
- About Chargeback reports in OpsCenter
- About Client reports in OpsCenter
- Risk Analysis > Client Coverage report
- Virtual Client Summary report
- Job Success by Client report
- BMR client configuration backup failures report
- About Cloud reports
- About Disk and Tape Device Activity reports in OpsCenter
- About Media reports in OpsCenter
- About Performance reports in OpsCenter
- About Policy reports in OpsCenter
- About Restore reports in OpsCenter
- About Storage Lifecycle Policy reports
- Limitations of SLP reports
- About Workload Analyzer reports in OpsCenter
- Custom reports in OpsCenter Analytics
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
- About Custom Report Wizard parameters
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
Job Activity > Backup Window > Job Count report
The Job Activity > Backup Window provides the reports on NetBackup backup window statistics including the number of jobs, job size, and file counts.
The Job Activity > Backup Window > Job Count report shows the total number backup jobs in the last two weeks shown by the hour of the day in which each job ends. It also renders a configurable backup window to help quickly identify if a lot of jobs end in or outside of what your backup window is or should be. The report can help you see if there are any hours within the backup window that are under used and whether any load balancing is appropriate.
Figure: Job Count report shows a sample view of the Job Count report.
The following are the details that are associated with the Job Count report:
Where to Locate
Report > Report Templates > Backup > Job Activity > Backup Window > Job Count
This report shows job count by hour of day in which job ends.
NetBackup, NetBackup Master Appliance, NetBackup PureDisk
Master Server, Client
Drill down report
Can be scheduled
PDF, CSV, TSV, XML, HTML
The following table shows the filters for Job Count report and how you can use these filters to view specific data in the report.
Select a view to show data for the selected view in the report. By default All My Views is selected.
Select one or more master servers to view data for the selected master servers in the report. All master servers that are added to the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value drop-down list .
Select one or more media servers to view data for the specific media servers in the report. All media servers that are attached to the master servers in the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value drop-down list ..
Select one or more clients to view data for the selected clients in the report. All clients that are protected by the master servers in the OpsCenter console are listed.
Select one or more client OS to view data for the selected client OS in the report.
Policy Data Classification Name
Select one or more policy data classification names to view data for the selected policy data classification names.
Select one or more policy keyword to view data for the policies having the selected keyword.
Select one or more policy names to view data for the selected policies.
Select one or more policy types to view data for the selected policy types.
Select one or more schedule types like CINC, Copy, Daily etc. to view data for the selected schedule types.
Select one or more schedule names to view data for the selected schedule names.
Job Transport Type
Select one or more job status like Failed, Successful etc. to view data for the selected job status.
Select one or more transport types like FT, LAN, or Unknown to view data for the jobs that have the selected transport type.
Select one or more job types like Archive, Backup, Restore etc. to view data for the selected job types.
Select one or more backup products to view data for the selected products.
The Attempt Status column can have two values i.e. Attempt or Job. When Job Count is calculated, the report considers all attempts if Attempt is selected.
By default, Job is selected. Number of attempts are not considered when Job is selected.
Example of filter usage: You may run the Job Count report for a specific policy to view job counts for the specific policy. Further if you are interested in knowing about the job counts for specific products, you can use the Job filter and under Product Type column, select .
The following report enhancements have been made for the Job Count report:
The unit Years has been added for Relative Timeframe selection.
You can now view data for the last x years.
The option Next has been removed from the drop-down menu for Relative Timeframe. You now cannot enter a relative timeframe like Next 2 weeks. This is because the report does not support any futuristic data.
The following Report On options have been added under Backup Job Attributes:
Job Status (Complete and Partial only)
Job Status (Complete only)
The Schedule Name column is added under the Schedule filter to filter data by schedule name.
UNKNOWN has been added as a value for Policy Type column in the Policy filter. You can now filter report data for policy types that are unknown. In earlier versions of OpsCenter the unknown policy types were shown as blank. Now all static columns like job type, schedule type, or policy type are shown as UNKNOWN.