Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Reporting Guide
- Reporting in OpsCenter
- About OpsCenter reports
- About managing reports in OpsCenter
- About managing My Reports
- About managing My Dashboard
- About managing reports folders in OpsCenter
- About managing report schedules in OpsCenter
- About managing time schedules in OpsCenter
- OpsCenter reports
- Report Templates in OpsCenter
- About Report Templates descriptions
- About Audit reports
- About Backup reports in OpsCenter
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Duration Variance report
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Job Size Variance report
- Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Week At A Glance report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Job Attempt Status Detail report
- About Catalog reports in OpsCenter
- About Chargeback reports in OpsCenter
- About Client reports in OpsCenter
- Risk Analysis > Client Coverage report
- Virtual Client Summary report
- Job Success by Client report
- BMR client configuration backup failures report
- About Cloud reports
- About Disk and Tape Device Activity reports in OpsCenter
- About Media reports in OpsCenter
- About Performance reports in OpsCenter
- About Policy reports in OpsCenter
- About Restore reports in OpsCenter
- About Storage Lifecycle Policy reports
- Limitations of SLP reports
- About Workload Analyzer reports in OpsCenter
- Custom reports in OpsCenter Analytics
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
- About Custom Report Wizard parameters
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
This section provides the reports on NetBackup job activity similar to the NetBackup Activity Monitor.
You can view a detailed listing of all the backup activity performed for the specified timeframe. The default timeframe is last two weeks. This report lets you view the status for multiple job attempts (from Job Attempt Count and Status Code columns). This report also lets you know the time it takes for backup or restore operations to complete (from the Job Duration column). It thus helps you to quickly identify details about the backup or restore jobs that take the maximum time.
You can also drill down from the Job Primary ID column in the report to know the skip file details that are associated with the job. Only some jobs may have skipped files associated with them. For jobs that do not have any skipped files, the drill-down report is either blank or shows hyphens.
Figure: Tabular Backup Report shows a sample view of the Tabular Backup Report.
The following are details associated with the Tabular Backup Report:
Tabular Backup Report
Where to Locate
Report > Report Templates > Backup > Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
Customizable tabular report of all backup data (size, start time, status code etc.) by client.
NetBackup, NetBackup Appliance, Backup Exec, NetBackup PureDisk
Master Server, Client
Drill down report
Skip File Details
See Skip File Details.
Can be scheduled
Supported export formats
CSV, HTML, PDF, XML, TSV
Mapping with VBR report
Backups > Job Browser > Scheduled Jobs > Tabular Backup Report
You can edit the Tabular Backup Report to show or hide the columns that you are interested in. All the columns are shown by default. You can also filter the report to show activity for a limited sample set, such as one or more policies, master servers, clients, views, product types, job status etc.
The following table shows the filters for Tabular Backup report and how you can use these filters to view specific data in the report.
Select a view to show data for the selected view in the report. By default All My Views is selected.
Select one or more master servers to view data for the selected master servers in the report. All master servers that are added to the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value drop-down list .
Select one or more media servers to view data for the specific media servers in the report. All media servers that are attached to the master servers in the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value drop-down list ..
Select one or more clients to view data for the selected clients in the report. All clients that are protected by the master servers in the OpsCenter console are listed.
Select one or more client OS to view data for the selected client OS in the report.
Policy Data Classification Name
Select one or more policy data classification names like Gold, Silver, Bronze etc. to view data for the policies having the selected data classification names.
Select one or more policy keyword to view data for the policies having the selected keyword.
Select one or more policy names to view data for the selected policies.
Select one or more policy types to view data for the selected policy types.
Select one or more schedule types like CINC, Copy, Daily etc. to view data for the selected schedule types.
Select one or more schedule names to view data for the selected schedule names.
Job Transport Type
Select one or more Job Status like Failed, Missed, Partially Successful etc. to view data for the selected job status in the report.
Select one or more transport types like FT, LAN, or Unknown to view data for the jobs that have the selected transport type.
Select one or more products like Backup Exec to view data for the selected products.
Example of filter usage: You may run the Tabular Backup report for a specific master server to view backup details only for the selected master server. The sample report view that is shown above shows data for a specific master server.
The following report enhancements have been made:
The following additional columns are shown in the report. These columns are not displayed by default on the report. You need to edit the report to manually add these columns and rerun the report.
The following filter enhancements are listed: