Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Reporting Guide
- Reporting in OpsCenter
- About OpsCenter reports
- About managing reports in OpsCenter
- About managing My Reports
- About managing My Dashboard
- About managing reports folders in OpsCenter
- About managing report schedules in OpsCenter
- About managing time schedules in OpsCenter
- OpsCenter reports
- Report Templates in OpsCenter
- About Report Templates descriptions
- About Audit reports
- About Backup reports in OpsCenter
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Duration Variance report
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Job Size Variance report
- Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Week At A Glance report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Job Attempt Status Detail report
- About Catalog reports in OpsCenter
- About Chargeback reports in OpsCenter
- About Client reports in OpsCenter
- Risk Analysis > Client Coverage report
- Virtual Client Summary report
- Job Success by Client report
- BMR client configuration backup failures report
- About Cloud reports
- About Disk and Tape Device Activity reports in OpsCenter
- About Media reports in OpsCenter
- About Performance reports in OpsCenter
- About Policy reports in OpsCenter
- About Restore reports in OpsCenter
- About Storage Lifecycle Policy reports
- Limitations of SLP reports
- About Workload Analyzer reports in OpsCenter
- Custom reports in OpsCenter Analytics
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
- About Custom Report Wizard parameters
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
Deduplication > Pre vs. Post Deduplication Size report
The Pre vs. Post Deduplication Size report gives the comparison between the total number of bytes that exist on all the backups as if they were normal full backups and the number of bytes that have changed and therefore needed to be transferred. This report shows only deduplication jobs. The default Report On parameter for this report is All Master Servers. This report is available in a line-chart format.
Figure: Pre vs. Post Deduplication Size Report shows a sample view of Pre vs. Post Deduplication Size Report.
The following are the details that are associated with the Deduplication Size Factor report:
Pre vs. Post Deduplication Size report
Where to Locate
Report > Report Templates > Backup > Deduplication > Pre vs. Post Deduplication Size report.
Historical trending report of pre vs. post deduplication size.
NetBackup, PureDisk, and their Appliances
Master Server, Client
Drill down report
Can be scheduled
PDF, CSV, HTML, XML, TSV
You can edit the Pre vs. Post Deduplication Size report to show or hide the columns that you are interested in. All the columns are shown by default. You can also filter the report to view reports of specific master servers. The following table shows the filters for Pre vs. Post Deduplication Size report and how you can use these filters to view specific data in the report.
Select a view to show data for the selected view in the report. By default All My Views is selected.
Select one or more master servers to view data for the clients that are backed up by the selected master servers in the report. All master servers that are added to the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value drop-down list .
Select one or more media servers to view data for the selected media servers in the report. All media servers that are added to the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value dropdown list.
Select one or more clients to view data for the selected clients in the report. All clients that are protected by the master servers in the OpsCenter console are listed.
Select one or more client OS to view data for the selected client OS in the report.
Policy Data Classification Name
Select one or more policy names to view data for the selected policies.
Select one or more policy types to view data for the selected policy types.
Select one or more policy keyword to view data for the policies having the selected keyword.
Select one or more policy data classification names like Gold, Silver, Bronze etc. to view data for the policies having the selected data classiciation names.
Select one or more schedule or level types to view the data for the configured schedules.
Select one or more schedule names to view data for the selected schedule names.
Job Transport Type
Select one or more job types as Archive, Backup, or Restore to view data for the selected job types.
Select one or more backup products to view data for the selected products.
Select one or more transport types like FT, LAN, or Unknown to view data for the jobs that have the selected transport type.
Select one or more job status like Failed, Successful etc. to view data for the selected job status.
Example of filter usage: You may run the Pre vs. Post Deduplication Size report for a specific client to view details for the specific clients.
The following report enhancements have been made for the Pre vs. Post Deduplication Size report:
The option Next has been removed from the drop-down menu for Relative Timeframe. You now cannot enter a relative timeframe like Next 2 weeks. This is because the report does not support any futuristic data.
The unit Years has been added for Relative Timeframe selection. You can now view data for the last X years. You can also select Year from the top-right corner of the report
Drill down reports for following four levels have been added in OpsCenter.
Level 1: Client Name
Level 2: Job Type
Level 3: Schedule/Level Type
Level 4: Policy Name
The following options have been removed from TimeFrameGroupBy selection:
Days of week Average
Days of week total
Hours of day Average
Hours of day Total
Month of year Average
Month of year total
Quarter of year Average
Quarter of year total
The following filter enhancements have been made for the Pre vs. Post Duplication Size report:
New columns Job Status (Complete Only) and Job Status(Complete and Partial Only) are added to the Report On parameter.
UNKNOWN has been added as a value for Policy Type column in the Policy filter. You can now filter report data for policy types that are UNKNOWN.
Job types which are not applicable for this report are removed from the filter. The supported job types are Backup, Archive, Restore, Catalog Backup, Backup from Snapshot, Snapshot, Duplicate, and Replication.
The default selected value for Job Type column is changed to Backup.
The default value of Report On is None.
Value SAN is removed from the Job Transport Type filter.
Selecting Report on Storage Unit name in OpsCenter does not result in any data for PureDisk because Storage Unit is not present in PureDisk.
The unit of data for Y axis/Y1 axis is one unit lower.