Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Reporting Guide
- Reporting in OpsCenter
- About OpsCenter reports
- About managing reports in OpsCenter
- About managing My Reports
- About managing My Dashboard
- About managing reports folders in OpsCenter
- About managing report schedules in OpsCenter
- About managing time schedules in OpsCenter
- OpsCenter reports
- Report Templates in OpsCenter
- About Report Templates descriptions
- About Audit reports
- About Backup reports in OpsCenter
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Duration Variance report
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Job Size Variance report
- Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Week At A Glance report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Job Attempt Status Detail report
- About Catalog reports in OpsCenter
- About Chargeback reports in OpsCenter
- About Client reports in OpsCenter
- Risk Analysis > Client Coverage report
- Virtual Client Summary report
- Job Success by Client report
- BMR client configuration backup failures report
- About Cloud reports
- About Disk and Tape Device Activity reports in OpsCenter
- About Media reports in OpsCenter
- About Performance reports in OpsCenter
- About Policy reports in OpsCenter
- About Restore reports in OpsCenter
- About Storage Lifecycle Policy reports
- Limitations of SLP reports
- About Workload Analyzer reports in OpsCenter
- Custom reports in OpsCenter Analytics
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
- About Custom Report Wizard parameters
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
Clients Not Backed up report
This report provides a list of NetBackup clients that have not been backed up or clients for which all backups failed during the reporting period.
You can determine if all jobs of a policy and client combination have failed or have not been initiated during the reporting period. You can filter by type of policy like SharePoint, Oracle, Windows NT and so on.
The client name is displayed multiple times in the report if the client has multiple NetBackup policies that are associated with it and none of the policies are run during the reporting period. The report shows details like policy name, schedule name, and date of the last successful backup.
You can now view data in this report for a specific client view by selecting a client view from the View filter. Earlier you could only filter the report data for a master server view.
Figure: Clients Not Backed up report shows a sample view of the Clients not backed up report.
The following are details for the Clients Not Backed up report:
Clients Not Backed up
Where to Locate
Report > Report Templates > Client Reports > Clients Not Backed up
This report lists all the clients that are not backed up in the selected timeframe.
Backup Exec, NetBackup, NetBackup Master Appliance, NetBackup PureDisk
Master Server, Client
Drill down report
Can be scheduled
Supported export formats
PDF, CSV, TSV, XML, HTML
Mapping with NOM report
All Reports > Standard Reports > Client > Clients Not Backed up
Deviation from NOM
Last Successful Backup column shows the job end time in OpsCenter. However, this column shows the job start time in NOM.
The following table shows the filters for Clients not backed up report and how you can use these filters to view specific data in the report.
Select a view to show data for the selected view in the report. By default All My Views is selected.
Select one or more policy types like NDMP, FlashBackup etc. to view data for the selected policy types.
Example of filter usage: You may run the Clients not Backed up report for a specific policy type like FlashBackup to view backup details for the specific policy type.
The following enhancements have been made in the Clients Not Backed up report:
The unit Years has been added for Relative Timeframe selection. You can now view data for the last x years. You can also see the Years tab on top-right corner of the Tabular Backup Report.
UNKNOWN has been added as a value for Policy Type column in the Policy filter. You can now filter report data for policy types that are unknown. In earlier versions of OpsCenter, the unknown policy types were shown as blank.