Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Reporting Guide
- Reporting in OpsCenter
- About OpsCenter reports
- About managing reports in OpsCenter
- About managing My Reports
- About managing My Dashboard
- About managing reports folders in OpsCenter
- About managing report schedules in OpsCenter
- About managing time schedules in OpsCenter
- OpsCenter reports
- Report Templates in OpsCenter
- About Report Templates descriptions
- About Audit reports
- About Backup reports in OpsCenter
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Duration Variance report
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Job Size Variance report
- Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Week At A Glance report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Job Attempt Status Detail report
- About Catalog reports in OpsCenter
- About Chargeback reports in OpsCenter
- About Client reports in OpsCenter
- Risk Analysis > Client Coverage report
- Virtual Client Summary report
- Job Success by Client report
- BMR client configuration backup failures report
- About Cloud reports
- About Disk and Tape Device Activity reports in OpsCenter
- About Media reports in OpsCenter
- About Performance reports in OpsCenter
- About Policy reports in OpsCenter
- About Restore reports in OpsCenter
- About Storage Lifecycle Policy reports
- Limitations of SLP reports
- About Workload Analyzer reports in OpsCenter
- Custom reports in OpsCenter Analytics
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
- About Custom Report Wizard parameters
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
Policy Summary Dashboard report
This report acts as a dashboard of activities that are summarized by your policies. It gives an overview of activities and can be used as a tool to troubleshoot and manage by exception using the drilldown links to other detail reports.
It provides answers for some of the following questions for each policy:
What is the total number of jobs?
How many jobs were successful?
How many jobs were partially successful?
How many jobs failed?
The table in this report shows information per policy like policy name and type, job volume in MB, job count, and counts for job exit status. You can also drill down from the job exit status counts in the columns and view individual policy details based on exit status and job policy and type.
There are drilldown reports available from the Total Jobs, Number of Successful Jobs, Number of Partially Successful Jobs, or Number of Failed Jobs columns of the main report. These drilldown reports provide an overview of all jobs for the selected policy name, server, and time frame based on the job status.
These drilldown reports use the run time parameters that are passed from the main report.
Figure: Policy Summary Dashboard report shows a sample view of the Policy Summary Dashboard report.
The following are details associated with the Policy Summary Dashboard report:
Policy Summary Dashboard
Where to Locate
Report > Report Templates > Policy Reports > Policy Summary Dashboard
Tabular report summarizing size, throughput, job counts and success rate by master server, policy and policy type.
NetBackup, NetBackup Master Appliance
Master Server, Client
Drill down report
Can be scheduled
Supported export formats
PDF, CSV, TSV, XML, HTML
Mapping with NOM report
All Reports > Standard Reports > Policy > Policy Summary Dashboard
The following table lists the filters for Policy Summary Dashboard report and how you can use these filters to view specific data in the report.
Select a view to show data for the selected view in the report. By default All My Views is selected.
Select one or more master servers to view data for the selected master servers in the report. All master servers that are added to the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value dropdown list.
Consider Partially Successful Job as Successful
The default selection is Yes.
Select No if you do not want to consider partially successful jobs as successful.
Selecting Yes or No may impact the Success Rate percentage that is shown in the report. Consider a policy that has 5 successful jobs, 3 partially successful jobs and 2 failed jobs. If you select the value as Yes, the Success Rate column shows 80%. However if you select the value as No, the Success Rate column shows 50%.
Example of filter usage: You may run the Policy Summary Dashboard report for specific master servers or views to view details only for the specific master servers or views.