Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Reporting Guide
- Reporting in OpsCenter
- About OpsCenter reports
- About managing reports in OpsCenter
- About managing My Reports
- About managing My Dashboard
- About managing reports folders in OpsCenter
- About managing report schedules in OpsCenter
- About managing time schedules in OpsCenter
- OpsCenter reports
- Report Templates in OpsCenter
- About Report Templates descriptions
- About Audit reports
- About Backup reports in OpsCenter
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Duration Variance report
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Job Size Variance report
- Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Week At A Glance report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Job Attempt Status Detail report
- About Catalog reports in OpsCenter
- About Chargeback reports in OpsCenter
- About Client reports in OpsCenter
- Risk Analysis > Client Coverage report
- Virtual Client Summary report
- Job Success by Client report
- BMR client configuration backup failures report
- About Cloud reports
- About Disk and Tape Device Activity reports in OpsCenter
- About Media reports in OpsCenter
- About Performance reports in OpsCenter
- About Policy reports in OpsCenter
- About Restore reports in OpsCenter
- About Storage Lifecycle Policy reports
- Limitations of SLP reports
- About Workload Analyzer reports in OpsCenter
- Custom reports in OpsCenter Analytics
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
- About Custom Report Wizard parameters
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
Risk Analysis > Recovery Point Objective report
Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective (RTO) have emerged as generally accepted metrics for client recoverability. This report ranks all clients by the amount of time that is elapsed since their last successful backup. The report shows how long it has been since each system has had a successful backup and therefore would have difficulty meeting a Recovery Point. In larger environments being able to run this report on a weekly basis will quickly show where there is risk due to systems that have not been backed up in a pre-determined amount of time.
In contrast to the Client Risk Analysis report, the level of granularity is the client level and thus clients with multiple backup policies are represented by the policy with most recent success. It is recommended that this report not be used for multi-policy clients. The client "IsActive" filter allows for those hosts that are not actively being backed up to be omitted. The elapsed time in the report is always between now and the last successful backup. The report is effective in its graphical rankings format placing the clients with longest elapsed time at the top.
Figure: Recovery Point Objective report shows a sample view of the Recovery Point Objective report.
In the example, no backups have been run for nearly 10 hours for all the clients. This means that for the five systems on the report, the best RPO possible would be nearly 10 hours. If you have committed to an 8 hour RPO, then these systems need to be backed up quickly to be able to meet that SLA.
The following are details associated with the Recovery Point Objective report:
Recovery Point Objective
Where to Locate
Report > Report Templates > Client Reports > Risk Analysis > Recovery Point Objective
User-configurable threshold-based rankings report of clients exceeding their recovery point objectives.
NetBackup, NetBackup Master Appliance, Backup Exec, NetBackup PureDisk
Master Server, Client
Drill down report
Can be scheduled
Supported export formats
PDF, CSV, TSV, HTML, XML
Mapping with VBR report
Backups > Risk Analysis > Recovery Point Objective - RPO
The following table shows the filters for Recovery Point Objective report and how you can use these filters to view specific data in the report.
Select a view to show data for the selected view in the report. By default All My Views is selected.
Select one or more master servers to view data for the selected master servers in the report. All master servers that are added to the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value drop-down list .
Select one or more media servers to view data for the specific media servers in the report. All media servers that are attached to the master servers in the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value drop-down list.
Client is Active
The default selection is Yes. By default, Active Clients are displayed in the report. Hence the clients that are not actively backed up are omitted by default. Selectif you want to view the report for all the clients.
Select one or more clients to view data for the selected clients in the report. All clients that are protected by the master servers in the OpsCenter console are listed.
Select one or more client OS to view data for the selected client OS in the report.
Select one or more policy keyword to view data for the policies having the selected keyword.
Select one or more policy names to view data for the selected policies.
Select one or more policy types to view data for the selected policy types.
Select one or more schedule types like CINC, Copy, Daily etc. to view data for the selected schedule types.
Select one or more schedule names to view data for the selected schedule names.
Job Transport Type
Select one or more Job Status like Failed, Missed, Partially Successful etc. to view data for the selected job status in the report.
Select one or more transport types like FT, LAN, or Unknown to view data for the jobs that have the selected transport type.
The value selection for Job Type is mandatory. By default, Backup jobs are shown in the report. You can select one or more job types like Archive, Backup, Restore etc. to view data for the selected job types.
Example of filter usage: You may run the report for specific master servers to view details for the clients backed up by specific master servers.
The following enhancements have been made in the Stored Backup Images on Media report:
You can now click (drill down) the bar for each client and view Recovery Point Objective report for job type, schedule/level type and policy name.
The Job Type column has been added under the Job filter.
For the Policy filter, the following columns have been added:
The Schedule filter has been added.
The following Report On parameters have been added:
Earlier there was a Host filter with Host is Active column. The Host filter has been removed. The Host is Active column is now renamed as Client is Active column and exists under the Client filter. The default value of Client is Active column is Yes.