Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Reporting Guide
- Reporting in OpsCenter
- About OpsCenter reports
- About managing reports in OpsCenter
- About managing My Reports
- About managing My Dashboard
- About managing reports folders in OpsCenter
- About managing report schedules in OpsCenter
- About managing time schedules in OpsCenter
- OpsCenter reports
- Report Templates in OpsCenter
- About Report Templates descriptions
- About Audit reports
- About Backup reports in OpsCenter
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Duration Variance report
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Job Size Variance report
- Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Week At A Glance report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Job Attempt Status Detail report
- About Catalog reports in OpsCenter
- About Chargeback reports in OpsCenter
- About Client reports in OpsCenter
- Risk Analysis > Client Coverage report
- Virtual Client Summary report
- Job Success by Client report
- BMR client configuration backup failures report
- About Cloud reports
- About Disk and Tape Device Activity reports in OpsCenter
- About Media reports in OpsCenter
- About Performance reports in OpsCenter
- About Policy reports in OpsCenter
- About Restore reports in OpsCenter
- About Storage Lifecycle Policy reports
- Limitations of SLP reports
- About Workload Analyzer reports in OpsCenter
- Custom reports in OpsCenter Analytics
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
- About Custom Report Wizard parameters
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
Planning Activity > Scheduled Job > Job Count within Backup Window report
This historical report depicts how many jobs were scheduled and how many jobs have been run within the specified backup window. The report essentially shows the comparison between Scheduled (Future) Job Count and Actual Job Count, during the backup window.
Use this report to determine whether your backup windows are appropriate and are properly used. Clicklink below the report to display report details in a tabular format.
The Job Count within Backup Window report can show if jobs are finishing within a specified backup window. This report is complemented with a graphical drawing of the backup window for a quick analysis. You can quickly determine if all backup activity is occurring within the defined window.
Furthermore, looking at window performance across broad timelines using intelligent averaging is also necessary. Missing a window once or twice doesn't necessarily point to broader systematic problems and thus the averaging context needs to be examined alongside the actual daily context.
The following are details associated with the Job Count within Backup Window report:
Job Count within Backup Window
Where to Locate
Report > Report Templates > Backup > Planning Activity > Scheduled Job > Job Count within Backup Window
Comparison of actual vs scheduled NetBackup jobs across a user-defined backup window against a 24-hour timeline.
NetBackup, NetBackup Appliance
Drill down report
Can be scheduled
PDF, CSV, TSV, XML, HTML
Mapping with VBR report
Backups > Activity Planning > Scheduled Jobs > Job Count within Backup Window
Figure: Job Count within Backup Window report shows a sample view of Job Count within Backup Window report.
This report shows that backups occurred outside of the window shown in green (18:00 - 09:00).
The following table shows the filters for Job Count within Backup Window report and how you can use these filters to view specific data in the report.
Select a view to show data for the selected view in the report. By default All My Views is selected.
Select one or more master servers to view data for the selected master servers in the report. All master servers that are added to the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value drop-down list .
Select one or more clients to view data for the selected clients in the report. All clients that are protected by the master servers in the OpsCenter console are listed.
Select one or more policy names to view data for the selected policies.
Select one or more schedule names to view data for the selected schedule names.
Exclude Manual Jobs
Select if you want to exclude manual jobs in the report. You can select Yes or No.
Example of filter usage: You may run the Job Count Window report for a specific master server to view job count details only for the selected master server.
The following enhancements have been made for this report:
The unit Years has been added for Relative Timeframe selection. You can now view data for the last x years. You can also see the Years tab on top-right corner of the report.
The default value for Exclude Manual Jobs column in Scheduled Job filter is now changed to No. Earlier the default value for Exclude Manual Jobs was Yes.