Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Reporting Guide
- Reporting in OpsCenter
- About OpsCenter reports
- About managing reports in OpsCenter
- About managing My Reports
- About managing My Dashboard
- About managing reports folders in OpsCenter
- About managing report schedules in OpsCenter
- About managing time schedules in OpsCenter
- OpsCenter reports
- Report Templates in OpsCenter
- About Report Templates descriptions
- About Audit reports
- About Backup reports in OpsCenter
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Duration Variance report
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Job Size Variance report
- Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Week At A Glance report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Job Attempt Status Detail report
- About Catalog reports in OpsCenter
- About Chargeback reports in OpsCenter
- About Client reports in OpsCenter
- Risk Analysis > Client Coverage report
- Virtual Client Summary report
- Job Success by Client report
- BMR client configuration backup failures report
- About Cloud reports
- About Disk and Tape Device Activity reports in OpsCenter
- About Media reports in OpsCenter
- About Performance reports in OpsCenter
- About Policy reports in OpsCenter
- About Restore reports in OpsCenter
- About Storage Lifecycle Policy reports
- Limitations of SLP reports
- About Workload Analyzer reports in OpsCenter
- Custom reports in OpsCenter Analytics
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
- About Custom Report Wizard parameters
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
Workload Analyzer report template options
The Workload Analyzer report template is a pre-fixed 168 hour reporting template. The template makes extensive use of color to display the analyzed data through the heat map technology. You can configure the color range. Report categories that include attributes such as backup server, media server, client, policy, provide a good means to understand the basics of workload and performance. All the reports that comprise the workload analyzer report template are based on time. The following figure is a sample report template.
The highlights of the workload analyzer report template are as follows:
You can hover the mouse on each cell in the report to get details such as date, time, hour, and actual value of the hour.
You can configure the range for each color. The color depicts the density of the jobs running at that hour. It also displays the number of minutes of queue time, the amount of data transferred, and the throughput rate. The deeper the color of the cell, the higher is the value in the cell.
You can use the Backup Server, Media Server, Backup Client, Policy, Policy Type, Schedule, Job Type, Job Level, Job Error Code, Exit Status, Job Exit Code, Job Transport Type, Schedule\Level Type, and Storage Unit.feature to select entities for which, you require the data. For example, if you select for a master server, the second column in the report displays data for the master server only. The entities include
You can drill down to the next level in the report. The second column is hyper linked and provides the drill-down option. For example, from the master server you can drill down to client. A drill-down report is launched. You can drill down to clients from the media server, policy, policy schedule, schedule, job type, job error code, job status, job level, transport type. Other drill-down options are policy type to policy, job status to job error code, view to next level down the view hierarchy.
The last row on the report shows the total values of all the rows for the entire time span. The first column shows data for the entire week, whereas the hour column shows data for that particular hour for all entities.
You can use various filters in the report. The filters include:
Filter on Absolute or Relative time filter
Filter on any view.
Master Server, media server
Filter on available master servers and media servers.
Filter on available client.
Filter on name and type of policy.
Filter on schedules
Filter on status, status code, transport type, type, and schedule or level type.
Filter on the name.
Filter on duration threshold and time basis.
You can use the Report on feature for different variables. The variables include Backup Server, Media Server, Backup Client, Policy, Policy Type, Schedule, Job Type, Job Level, Job Error Code, and Storage Unit.
You can drill down on any cell to know the details about the data.
The following drill-down options are available for all the Workload Analyzer reports.
Master Server to Client
Media server to Client
Policy Type to Policy
Policy to Client
Schedule to Client
Job Type to Client
Job Error Code to Client
Job Status to Client (when Job Status <> Failure)
Job Status to Job Error Code (when Job Status = Failure)
Job Level to Client
Transport Type to Client
View to Next level down the view hierarchy
The colors in the report represent different data values, the information is available in the following table.
Table: Color range values
Displays the cells that are gray, which means there are no active jobs assigned.
1 - 10
Displays value for the data that has the color range between 1 - 10, the light yellow cells represent these values.
11 - 50
Displays value for the data that has the color range between 11 - 50, the dark yellow cells represent these values.
51 - 100
Displays value for the data that has the color range between 51 - 100, the orange cells represent these values.
More than 100
Displays the value for data that has the color range that is greater than 100, the red cells represent these values.