Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
Using the nbdiscover command to search the virtual environment
To search for VMs, run nbdiscover on the master server.
UNIX and Linux:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbdiscover -noxmloutput "query"
install_path\NetBackup\bin\nbdiscover.exe -noxmloutput "query"
where -noxmloutput displays one VM per line. The query specifies either a filter-based search rule or a browse operation.
For example, to search for the backups of virtual machines that have "prod1" in their display names:
nbdiscover -noxmloutput "vmsearch:/;reqType=search?filter=VMDisplayName Contains 'prod1'"
For further descriptions of the command options, see the command's man page or the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.