Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
Accelerator requires the OptimizedImage attribute
Accelerator requires that the storage has the
OptimizedImage attribute enabled.
To ensure that your storage is configured properly, see the documentation for your storage option:
NetBackup Media Server Deduplication Pool.
OptimizedImageattribute is enabled by default beginning with the NetBackup 7.1 release. If you created the storage servers and pools in an earlier release, you must configure them for
See the NetBackup Deduplication Guide.
Backups to a third-party disk appliance.
The storage device must support the
See the NetBackup OpenStorage Solutions Guide for Disk.
Cloud storage that NetBackup supports.
See the NetBackup Cloud Administrator's Guide.