Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
Enabling Services for Network File System (NFS) on a Windows 2012 or 2016 media server (NetBackup for VMware)
To perform VM instant recovery with a Windows 2012 or 2016 media server, you must enable Services for Network File System. When this configuration is completed, you can disable any unnecessary NFS services.
To enable Services for Network File System (NFS) on a Windows 2012 or 2016 media server
- Open the Server Manager.
- From the Manage menu, click Add Roles and Features.
- In the Add Roles and Features Wizard, on the Before You Begin page, click Next.
- On the Select installation type page, select Role-based or feature-based installation.
- Click Next.
- On the Server Selection page, click Select a server from the server pool and select the server. Click Next.
- On the Server Roles page, expand File and Storage Services and File and iSCSI Services.
- Click File Server and Server for NFS. When you are prompted, click Add Features. Click Next.
- If the media server is also a restore host, on the Features page, click Client for NFS. Click Next.
- On the Confirmation page, click Install.
Disable any unnecessary services, as follows:
If you have a single host that functions as both the media server and the restore host, you can disable the Server for NFS.
For a host that is only the NetBackup media server, you can disable the Server for NFS and the Client for NFS.
- Make sure that the portmap service is started and that its startup mode is set to auto.