Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
Viewing NetBackup activity in vSphere Web Client or vSphere Client (HTML5)
In VMware vCenter, NetBackup can record the backup activity for virtual machines. You can view the events in vSphere Web Client or vSphere Client (HTML5) at the level of any parent object (such as folder, datacenter, cluster, or host). You can also view the events for the virtual machine.
The NetBackup plug-in is not required.
Make sure that the policy'soption is enabled:
To view backup events and the last backup time in vSphere Web Client
- Open vSphere Web Client or vSphere Client (HTML5).
- Go to Home > Events.
- In the Event Console, enter NetBackup in the search field.
Each NetBackup event includes the following details:
Shows the NetBackup operation that succeeded or failed, and includes policy details and duration. When you click on the row of the event, the Event Details pane shows the same information.
The types are Information for a successful operation, and Error for a failed operation.
The date and time of the event.
The virtual machine that was backed up.
Click on the virtual machine link to see the Summary tab.
On the Summary tab in vSphere 6.5, under Custom Attributes, the timestamp of the virtual machine's last backup is listed on the
The user that ran the backup.
To view backup events for a particular object (such as ESX host or VM), select the object and do the following:
Click the Monitor tab.
Click Task & Events.
Click the Events view.
Enter NetBackup in the search field.