Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
This topic describes how to r19546022estore the VMware virtual machines that were backed up with NetBackup for VMware.
To restore the full virtual machine
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, click Backup, Archive, and Restore.
- Click Actions > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type.
- Specify the following:
Server to use for backup and restores
The NetBackup master server that directed the backup
Source client for restores
The VMware virtual machine that was backed up.
Click Search VM Clients to search or browse for a virtual machine. Use this option to locate a virtual machine in a large, multi-layered virtual environment.
Or enter the type of name that was selected for the Primary VM identifier option on the policy VMware tab. For example, if the Primary VM identifier option is set to VM host name, enter the virtual machine's host name.
Destination client for restores
This field is ignored. The destination for the restore is specified in a different screen as explained in a later procedure.
Policy type for restores
The type of policy that made the backup (VMware).
- Click OK.
- For the Restore type, select Virtual Machine Backups.
- You can use the Start date and End date icons to select the date range within which the backup occurred.
- Under Directory Structure, click on the backup you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
The type of dialog that appears depends on whether or not the backup was enabled for vCloud.