Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
Configuring a different network port for NBFSD (NetBackup for VMware)
NBFSD runs on port 7394. If another service uses the standard NBFSD port in your organization, you can configure the service on another port. The following procedures describe how to configure a NetBackup server to use a network port other than the default.
To configure a different network port for NBFSD (Windows server)
- Log on as administrator on the computer where NetBackup server is installed.
- Open Regedit.
- Open the following key:
- Create a new DWORD value named FSE_PORT.
- Right-click on the new value and click Modify.
- In the Value data box, provide a port number between 1 and 65535.
- Click OK.
To configure a different network port for NBFSD (UNIX server)
- Log on as root on the computer where NetBackup server is installed.
- Open the
- Add the following entry, where XXXX is an integer and is a port number between 1 and 65535.
FSE_PORT = XXXX