Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
For instant recovery of virtual machines, the Services for Network File System (NFS) must be installed on the Windows restore host and media servers.
Before you configure NFS on the media server or restore host, look for the ONC/RPC Portmapper service. If it exists, stop it and disable it. Otherwise, the configuration of NFS Services for Windows fails.
Table: Configuring NFS in a Windows 2008 or 2008 R2 environment
Configure NFS on the media server.
On the media server do the following:
Configure NFS on the restore host.
On the restore host, do the following:
On the restore host, install the hot fix for Client for NFS.
The hot fix is available at the following location:
Important Windows Vista hot fixes and Windows Server 2008 hot fixes are included in the same packages. However, the hot fix Request page lists only Windows Vista. For the hot fix package for either operating system, select the hot fix that is listed under Windows Vista on the page. Always refer to the Applies To section in articles to determine the actual operating system for each hot fix.