Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for an Informix database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for Informix policy
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- About deleting expired backups from the Informix backup database
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Informix version IDS 7.x
Informix version IDS 7.x does not have a mechanism for deleting records of expired backups from its backup database. NetBackup for Informix provides a script that can delete these records from the Informix backup database if the NetBackup image database has expired the backups. Run execute the following command as user informix or the Informix Administrator.
When this script runs, it creates files in the /tmp directory. These files are not removed. Later, they can be used to diagnose any problems that occur.