Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for an Informix database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for Informix policy
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- About deleting expired backups from the Informix backup database
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
About schedule properties
This topic describes the schedule properties that have a different meaning for database backups than for file system backups. Other schedule properties vary according to your specific backup strategy and system configuration. Additional information about other schedule properties is available. See the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
Table: Description of schedule properties
Specifies the type of backup that this schedule can control. The selection list shows only the backup types that apply to the policy you want to configure.
You can schedule an automatic backup in one of the following ways:
The retention period for an application backup schedule refers to the length of time that NetBackup keeps backup images. The retention period for an automatic schedule controls how long NetBackup keeps records of when scheduled backups occurred. For example, if your database is backed up once every Sunday morning, you should select a retention period of at least 2 weeks.
The type of schedule you select affects the retention period as follows:
If you want to specify multiple copies of a backup for the policy, configure Multiple copies on the automatic schedule.on the application backup schedule. If using Snapshot Client, also specify