Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for an Informix database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for Informix policy
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- About deleting expired backups from the Informix backup database
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Adding clients to a policy
The client list contains a list of the clients on which your scripts are run during an automatic backup or the clients that can send backup requests to the application schedule. A NetBackup client must be in at least one policy but can be in more than one.
For a NetBackup for Informix policy, clients you want to add must have the following items installed or available:
NetBackup client or server
The backup or restore scripts
To add clients to a NetBackup for Informix policy
- Open the policy you want to edit or create a new policy.
To access the Policy dialog box, double-click the policy name in the Policies list in the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Click the Clients tab.
- Click New.
- Type the name of the client and select the hardware and operating system of the client.
If Informix is installed in a cluster, specify the virtual name of the Informix server as the client name.
For NetBackup 8.1, if you installed NetBackup on more than one node in the Informix cluster, you must perform additional configuration.
- Choose one of the following:
To add another client, click Add.
If this client is the last client you want to add, click OK.
- In the Policy dialog box, click OK.