Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for an Informix database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for Informix policy
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- About deleting expired backups from the Informix backup database
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Configuring the Maximum jobs per client (NetBackup for Informix)
The following procedure shows how to set theattribute.
- In the left pane of the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties.
- Select Master Server.
- In the right pane, double-click the server icon.
- Click Global Attributes.
- Change the Maximum jobs per client value to 99.
The Maximum jobs per client specifies the maximum number of concurrent backups that are allowed per client. The default is 1.
You can use the following formula to calculate a smaller value for the Maximum jobs per client setting:
Maximum jobs per client = number_of_streams X number_of_policies
Refer to the following definitions:
The number of backup streams between the database server and NetBackup. Each separate stream starts a new backup job on the client.
The number of policies of any type that can back up this client at the same time. This number can be greater than one. For example, a client can be in two policies to back up two different databases. These backup windows can overlap.
Enter a large enough value for theattribute to meet the number of jobs that Informix runs. You may need to experiment with different values at your site.