Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for an Informix database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for Informix policy
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- About deleting expired backups from the Informix backup database
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Minimizing timeout failures on large database restores
Large database restores sometimes fail when multiple restore sessions compete for resources. In this situation, a restore session can be delayed while waiting for media or device access. If the delay is too long, the restore session times out. Use the following procedure to minimize session timeouts and to allow the restores to complete successfully.
To minimize timeout failures on large database restores
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties > Clients.
- Double-click the client.
- Select the Timeouts properties.
- Set the Client read timeout property to a large value.
The default for the Client read timeout setting is 300 seconds (5 minutes). For database agent clients, increase the value significantly from the recommended value.
For example, change this setting to 30-60 minutes to minimize timeout errors.
- Click OK for each client.
This change may delay detecting problems during subsequent backups. Consider putting the original value back in place once any restore that requires a change is complete.