Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for an Informix database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for Informix policy
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- About deleting expired backups from the Informix backup database
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Configuring an additional bp.conf file
The administrator can add options to the NetBackup bp.conf file on the NetBackup master server. The administrator can create an additional bp.conf file in the home directory of the Informix user's account used for the backup or restore.
Before you use NetBackup for Informix, you can create a bp.conf file in the home directory of the Informix user's account used for the backup on the NetBackup client. The path to this directory can be equal to the value of the $INFORMIXDIR variable.
For example, if the home directory is /informix, the path is as follows:
After you create a bp.conf file in the Informix home directory, add the following options to the file and replace the italicized text with the information that pertains to the client:
BPBACKUP_POLICY=informix_policy BPBACKUP_SCHED=informix_sched SERVER=server_name CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT=1800
The variables are as follows:
The name of the Informix-ON-Bar policy that was configured in the backup policy.
The schedule name for the informix_policy. By default, it is Default-Application-Backup.
The name of the NetBackup master server.
NetBackup uses the bp.conf file in the Informix user's home directory only for backups and restores initiated by this Informix user.