Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for an Informix database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for Informix policy
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- About deleting expired backups from the Informix backup database
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
About NetBackup for Informix environment variables
When a schedule runs, NetBackup sets environment variables for the local shell scripts to use when it performs the backup. The echo lines are used to show what Informix environment variables are available.
You can use the Informix environment variables in the following lists to perform conditional functions inside the scripts. These variables are local to the Informix shell script.
NetBackup sets the following variables:
Set to 1 if this backup is a full backup (Automatic Full Backup).
Set to 1 if this backup is an incremental backup (Automatic Incremental Backup).
Set to 1 if this backup is a scheduled backup (Automatic Full Backup or Automatic Incremental Backup).
The Informix user can set the following variables either in the script or manually from the command line in the same environment from which onbar is issued:
Name of the NetBackup server.
Name of the policy to be used for a logical logs backup. If this variable is set, NetBackup backs up the logical logs with this policy.
Name of the schedule to be used for a logical logs backup. If this variable is set, NetBackup distinguishes and backs up logical logs with this schedule.
Name of the Informix-ON-Bar policy. If this variable is set, NetBackup backs up Informix databases with this policy.
Name of the Application Backup schedule. If this variable is set, NetBackup backs up Informix databases with this schedule.
The keyword phrase you want to associate with a backup image.