Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for an Informix database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for Informix policy
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- About deleting expired backups from the Informix backup database
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Configuring an application backup schedule
A database backup requires an application backup schedule. You cannot perform backups if this type of schedule is not included in the policy. The NetBackup for Informix agent automatically creates this schedule and names it.
The backup window for an application backup schedule must encompass the time period during which all scheduled jobs and client-initiated jobs can occur. This window is necessary because the application backup schedule accepts the backup request from NetBackup for Informix regardless of whether the backup was initiated from an automatic schedule or from the client. You can choose to set the window for the application backup schedule for 24 hours per day, seven days per week. This window ensures that your operations are never locked out due to the application backup schedule.
- In the Policy dialog box, click the Schedules tab.
To access the Policy dialog box, double-click the policy name in the Policies list in the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Double-click the schedule that is named Default-Application-Backup.
- Specify the other properties for the schedule.