Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for an Informix database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for Informix policy
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- About deleting expired backups from the Informix backup database
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Adding a new NetBackup for Informix policy
This topic describes how to add a new backup policy for a database.
- Log on to the master server as administrator (Windows) or root (UNIX).
- Start the NetBackup Administration Console.
- If your site has more than one master server, choose the one on which you want to add the policy.
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, select NetBackup Management > Policies. Then select Actions > New > Policy.
- In the Add a New Policy dialog box, in the Policy name box, type a unique name for the new policy.
- Click OK.
- In the Add New Policy dialog box, in the Policy type list, select Informix-ON-Bar.
The Informix-ON-Bar policy type does not appear in the drop-down list unless your master server has a license for the database agent.
- Complete the entries on the Attributes tab.
Add other policy information as follows:
Add scripts to the backup selections list.
- When you have added all the schedules, clients, and backup selections you need, click OK.