Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for an Informix database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for Informix policy
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- About deleting expired backups from the Informix backup database
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
About using NetBackup for Informix
When all installation and configuration are complete, you can start Informix backups and restores through NetBackup or run the onbar command directly.
Always specify the correct ON-Bar script when configuring automatic backups or when starting operations through NetBackup. NetBackup for Informix does not generate an error if a restore ON-Bar script file is used for a backup operation or a backup ON-Bar script is used for a restore operation.