Enterprise Vault™ Guide for Outlook Users (Full Functionality)
- Introducing Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Setting up Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault options and mailbox icons
- Working with archived items
- Storing and restoring items
- Managing Enterprise Vault archiving
- PST file migration
Deleting your archived items
If your Enterprise Vault administrator has enabled you to delete items from a vault, you can do so in the following ways. You can also delete archived items through the search facilities in Enterprise Vault.
To delete archived items from shortcuts using an Enterprise Vault option on the Outlook ribbon
- Select the shortcuts to the archived items that you want to delete.
You can include any items that are not shortcuts. Enterprise Vault ignores such items.
- On the Enterprise Vault tab, in the Actions group, click Delete. Or on the More Actions menu, click Delete from Vault.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete both the shortcuts and the archived items.
To delete an archived item from its shortcut using the Enterprise Vault Office Mail App (Outlook 2013 and later)
- Select the shortcut to the archived item that you want to delete.
- In the Enterprise Vault Office Mail App, click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to proceed.
To delete an item that you have opened from a shortcut
- On the Message tab of the opened item's window, in the Delete group, click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the item.
- If a further prompt appears, choose to delete the shortcut only or both the shortcut and the archived item.
If you delete the shortcut only, the item remains in your online vault and you can still retrieve the item from your Virtual Vault.