Enterprise Vault™ Guide for Outlook Users (Full Functionality)
- Introducing Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Setting up Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault options and mailbox icons
- Working with archived items
- Storing and restoring items
- Managing Enterprise Vault archiving
- PST file migration
How Enterprise Vault sets your folder properties
You can override the parent folder settings by changing the Enterprise Vault properties for a folder. If a folder contains other folders, those folders also inherit the properties of the parent folder unless you change them.
For example, you may have a folder called Accounts Paid with a retention category of Finance. By default, all subfolders in Accounts Paid use the same retention category. To use a different retention category for one of the subfolders in Accounts Paid, you must change the Enterprise Vault properties for that subfolder.