Enterprise Vault™ Guide for Outlook Users (Full Functionality)
- Introducing Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Setting up Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault options and mailbox icons
- Working with archived items
- Storing and restoring items
- Managing Enterprise Vault archiving
- PST file migration
Storing your items manually
Enterprise Vault performs automatic archiving in the background, and does not require any action from you. However, there may be occasions when you want to store an item in your vault manually. You can store items manually if your administrator has set up Enterprise Vault to permit it.
There are several methods that you can use to store items manually, including the following:
By clickingon the Enterprise Vault tab on the Microsoft Outlook ribbon.
In Outlook 2013 and later, by clickingin the Enterprise Vault Office Mail App, if it is available.
By moving or copying items to your Virtual Vault.
This method has some limitations: you cannot cancel archiving of any items that you store in this way, and you cannot store items from an Exchange managed folder, if your administrator has enabled archiving of such folders.
To store items using an Enterprise Vault option on the Outlook ribbon
- In your mailbox, select one or more items to store.
You can select items from more than one folder at once; for example, by selecting items from search results. However, if you do this then you cannot specify a vault or a retention category for the archived items.
- On the Enterprise Vault tab, in the Actions group, click the upper part of the Store button. Or on the More Actions menu, click Store selected items in Vault.
The Store in Vault dialog box appears.
- Specify a vault and retention category, if you have the option to choose them.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to store the items.
To store an item using the Enterprise Vault Office Mail App (Outlook 2013 and later)
- Select or open the unarchived item that you want to store.
- In the Enterprise Vault Office Mail App, click Store.
If Enterprise Vault does not prompt you to choose a retention category, you have completed the necessary steps. While storing is in progress, you can click Cancel to stop Enterprise Vault completing the action.
- If Enterprise Vault prompts you to choose a retention category, open the Select retention category menu and select one. Enterprise Vault then displays the retention period and the retention category description.
- Click OK.
To store items using Virtual Vault
- Select one or more items to store.
- Use any of the normal Outlook actions to move or copy the items into your Virtual Vault.
For example, you can store the items in the following ways:
To move the items, drag them into the Virtual Vault folder where you want to store them. Or right-click them, and then click Move and select a Virtual Vault folder.
To copy the items, hold down Ctrl and drag them into the Virtual Vault folder where you want to store them.