Enterprise Vault™ Guide for Outlook Users (Full Functionality)
- Introducing Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Setting up Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault options and mailbox icons
- Working with archived items
- Storing and restoring items
- Managing Enterprise Vault archiving
- PST file migration
Setting up your Vault Cache and Virtual Vault
If a Vault Cache is not already set up, you can run the Vault Cache wizard. The wizard may start automatically when you open Outlook. If the wizard does not start automatically, follow the procedure below.
You need to run the wizard once only. The wizard sets up your Vault Cache, and starts synchronization for the first time. Synchronization is the process that keeps your Vault Cache up to date with your online vault.
You do not need to perform any further setup for Virtual Vault. When the first synchronization is complete, your Virtual Vault normally appears in the Outlook Navigation Pane. If it does not appear, you can choose an option to display it.
To set up a Vault Cache
- Click the File tab and then click Enterprise Vault.
- Click Enable Vault Cache.
The Vault Cache wizard appears.
- On the first page of the Vault Cache wizard, select Set up Vault Cache, and then click Next.
- If the next page includes the Apply age limit option, choose the maximum age of archived items to download automatically to your Vault Cache. This page appears only if your administrator has configured certain Enterprise Vault options.
To apply an age limit, follow these steps:
Select Apply age limit.
Enter a value for the maximum age of archived items to download automatically to your Vault Cache.
If you do not want to apply an age limit, clear Apply age limit.
- On the final page, click Finish to start synchronization.