Enterprise Vault™ Guide for Outlook Users (Full Functionality)
- Introducing Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Setting up Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault options and mailbox icons
- Working with archived items
- Storing and restoring items
- Managing Enterprise Vault archiving
- PST file migration
Sharing the items in your vault
Unless you specify otherwise, your vault is not accessible to other users. Only you can store items in your vault, search for items in it, and restore items from it. However, you can grant other users access to your vault or to selected folders in the vault. To do this, you must set access permissions on your Outlook folders. Enterprise Vault then automatically applies the same permissions to the folders in the vault.
To share the items in your vault
- In your mailbox, right-click the required folder and then click Properties.
- Click the Permissions tab, and then add the user to whom you want to give access.
- Assign the required permissions to the user as follows:
To let the other user see your vault
Give the user Folder Visible permission on your mailbox (top level).
To let the other user browse to a folder
Give the user Folder Visible permission on any parent folders and on your mailbox as a whole.
If you give another user delegate access to your mailbox, you may want to let the user archive and restore items. If so, you must give the user Editor permissions on the folders in your mailbox.