Enterprise Vault™ Guide for Outlook Users (Full Functionality)
- Introducing Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Setting up Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault options and mailbox icons
- Working with archived items
- Storing and restoring items
- Managing Enterprise Vault archiving
- PST file migration
Storing your folders manually
Enterprise Vault performs automatic archiving in the background, and does not require any action from you. However, there may be occasions when you want to store a complete folder in your vault manually. You can select the entire contents of the folder and store the items manually. Alternatively, you can store a folder if your administrator has set up Enterprise Vault to permit it. You cannot store a complete mailbox.
You can use an option on the Enterprise Vault tab in Outlook to store a folder. If you have Virtual Vault enabled, you can also move or copy a folder to your Virtual Vault to store it.
The following Enterprise Vault folder settings are obeyed when you store a complete folder:
Create shortcut to archived item after archiving
Delete original item after archiving
Archive unread items
The following setting is ignored when you store a complete folder:
Do not archive this folder
To store a folder using an Enterprise Vault option
- Select the folder to store.
- On the Enterprise Vault tab, in the Actions group, click the lower part of the Store button and then click Store selected folder. Or on the More Actions menu, click Store selected folder in Vault.
The Store Folder in Vault dialog box appears.
- Select or clear Also store subfolders.
- Click OK.
To store a folder using Virtual Vault
- Select a folder to store.
- Use any of the normal Outlook actions to move or copy the folder into your Virtual Vault.
For example, you can store the folder in the following ways:
To move the folder, right-click it. Then click Move Folder and select a Virtual Vault folder in the Move Folder dialog box.
To copy the folder, right-click it. Then click Copy Folder and select a Virtual Vault folder in the Copy Folder dialog box.